Biggest Loser's David: I'm Losing Weight and 'Emotional Baggage'






The Biggest Loser










02/09/2013 at 08:30 AM EST



Many Biggest Loser contestants look forward to running marathons, but David Jones wants to run after criminals!

"It sounds terrible to say," Jones, a police officer, told reporters Tuesday. "But I've kind of been spoiling [for a foot chase.] I go to just about every call that comes out going, 'Okay, maybe this is the one.' Unfortunately nobody has tried to run from me yet."

Jones, 51, was eliminated from the Blue Team Monday, but the father of seven had been prepared to leave the ranch.

"I quite admittedly told [my team], 'You know, I'm okay with going home.' And I was. Emotionally I was in a lot better place than I had been before," said Jones, who spent most of his time on the ranch with a knee brace due to injury.

Now back home in Kiefer, Okla., Jones' main motivation is his two grandchildren (and two more due in April!) and his daughter Tiffany, who was born with Rett syndrome.

"We've got to take care of her and we've got to be healthy to do that. It's not fair to Tiffany for us to be less than great at our physical condition," Jones said.

Jones is still not allowed to run because of his injury but he no longer is taking medication for his high blood pressure and has not used his emergency inhaler since his second week on the Ranch. The only thing that seems to be a hindrance to Jones has been his job at the precinct.

"I actually have taken three weeks off this month just to concentrate on the task at hand," said Jones, who is currently working out up to five hours a day. "When I did go back to work, the job did really get in the way. I told my boss, ‘You know, working here is just screwing up my plan.' "

Jones is currently limiting his simple carbs (whole-grain or Ezekiel bread) and is taking in around 1450 calories a day – a strategy that has him almost 100 lbs. lighter than when he arrived on the ranch at 307 lbs.

"A sideways glance is the way I always passed a mirror in uniform. I immediately turned away because it just reminded me of what I looked like," Jones said of getting ready for work. "Today, I'll spend a pretty good amount of time making sure everything is shined up. I just [take] pride in the way I look in that uniform."

But his transformation has not only been in the new, slimmer uniform he is wearing. Jones has also been seeing a "professional" to help him work through the emotional issues he continues to face.

"I got called Eeyore on more than a few occasions because I just didn't want anybody to get inside," says of his former demeanor with his fellow officers. "[Now,] I'm so much more approachable and a lot more of them come to me for advice and instruction than used to because my attitude just wasn't wonderful."

Jones is eager to return to the force after meeting his weight-loss goals by the season finale, but more importantly, he is excited to lose the emotional baggage that he has been carrying around for years.

"It just seems like for every five or 10 pounds I lose, I have lost about five or 10 pounds of emotional baggage too," he said.

You're reading an article about
Biggest Loser's David: I'm Losing Weight and 'Emotional Baggage'
This article
Biggest Loser's David: I'm Losing Weight and 'Emotional Baggage'
can be opened in url
http://newsenamorment.blogspot.com/2013/02/biggest-loser-david-i-losing-weight-and.html
Biggest Loser's David: I'm Losing Weight and 'Emotional Baggage'